Tuesday, July 17, 2012

aaaand AWESOME!

First week back to work, and I survived. I actually managed to stay more on plan than I usually do on weekends, what with the very rare opportunities to put food in my face. No, I spent my weekend putting food in babies' faces. "Fun" isn't quite the word for working 10 hour days with three small children, but I survived.

Yesterday was the first day in almost a month I didn't do a scheduled exercise; and, yes, I felt shitty about it. I would make an excuse, but excuses suck. However, I did do my running this morning, way early so as to not actually roast in the obscenely hot temperatures that are apparently a thing this week. I ran in the 90s last week and I felt queasy for hours afterwards. Never. Again.

I'm on week 5. Oh dear god. I was anticipatory as all hell, but I ROCKED it. I went from nearly dying during the 3 minute and 5 minute runs last week to being perfectly dandy with just 5 minute runs. Curious. This week is going to be awesome, I can feel it. Challenging, but awesome. Looking at the program, this week seems to be the real turning point - if I can get past it, it'll be smooth sailing from here on out. :) I'm 99.9999% sure that I'm going to do the Reggae Run in Cleveland on August 11, but I'm going to make sure I can do the full 20 minute run at the end of the week before I sign up.

I ordered a heart rate monitor (the Polar FT4, to be exact), and it should be here this afternoon! I can't wait to try it out.

Workouts this week: 1
Miles walked/run this month: 15.54

No comments:

Post a Comment