Tuesday, July 31, 2012

yucky run

Today was my first run on pavement. Up until now, I've always run at the parks near here, but I figured I better get used to running on pavement for my 5k. It started out reasonably well! I was chugging along at a decent pace, ignoring the people gawking out of their car windows (I mean, do they really think all fat people sit around in fat scooters watching soap operas and eating Big Macs?) and enjoying my awesome new running mix from RockMyRun.

But then I started to get hot. And thirsty. Really, really thirsty. I've read that short runs (under 5k) absolutely do not require water, but I have a tendency to doubt that when I'm doubled over after 30 minutes, honestly about to drink out of a random stranger's garden hose. (I would not do that, though; because if there's anything worse than dying of thirst, it's looking like an idiot.) But anyways. I had to stop ~23.5 minutes into my run because vomiting seemed like a very real possibility.  I'm absolutely certain I could have kept going if I had been properly hydrated.

I have my eye on this water bottle, which looks inconspicuous enough; and you can clip it to your waistband. I already feel like a packmule while running (heart rate monitor, armband, iphone, car key in hair...), and this will just add even more of a ~special touch.

Workouts this week: 1
Miles walked/ran this month: 30.1 eep, next month it will just be "miles ran"!
How awesome I feel today: 8


No comments:

Post a Comment