Monday, July 2, 2012

Mondays are difficult.

Getting out of bed sucks. I drag myself to the gym, even though my brain is screaming "hey! hey you! stop that! you deserve a day off!"

But then I say "stuff you, brain. I took a day off yesterday."

And I go anyway. Exercising is such a thoroughly interesting thing - while no one actually wants to do it, we feel so awesome during/after that we couldn't imagine not. After working out 5 days a week for the past couple of months, I am so confused as to how I managed to do absolutely nothing for so long. Like...how?

Anyways, today was a bit of an off day, but I find Mondays are usually like that. Zumba was tiring. But I had to work off the (fat free, HORRIBLE) brownies I had this weekend. I've decided that fat-free things suck. I'd rather savour the real thing rather than grumpily eat half a pan of shitty brownies. Grumble. I'm still losing weight though, despite brownies and cookies and other "weekend" foods. Oh! And! A peculiar phenomenon: ever since I dropped Slim Fast, weight has been falling off of me. I know "starvation mode" is a load of crap, but I do think there's something to properly fueling your body for all the new movement and muscle it's getting.


I'm debating signing up for the Akron Marathon relay. The last leg is 5.5 miles, mostly downhill. I don't know. I realise that's really pushing it, but we'll see. 


Workouts this week: 1
Miles walked/ran/huffed and puffed this month: 0 (yet.) hello, July! 
How awesome I feel today, on a scale of 1 - 10: 6 meh




No comments:

Post a Comment