Monday, July 9, 2012

last few days of freedom

I go back to work this Thursday. To be honest, I'm really nervous. I do this thing when I'm working where I'll justify coming back home and plopping on the couch because I'm so tired. And I do get so tired. I'm thinking that exercise and eating better have been helping that; but, without a reliably exhausting thing on a daily basis as of late...we'll have to see. I love Zumba. I love running. I'm not going to let this slow down my progress.

My gym membership expires in a month, and already I'm contemplating what to do next. I need a gym membership. I know for sure I'll backslide without regular access to fun aerobic exercise that I love. Not to mention, everything is getting so much stronger and more "toned" since I've started strength training, and I can't afford to lose that. The Nat is a whopping $42/month, though. $62 if I only go for the monthly membership. I know that it's worth it to work out at a place that I love and that I'm comfortable with, but I might tour the YMCA before I make my final decision. It costs half that, and it's 10 minutes closer. Leaving my Zumba class already seems like such a depressing prospect, though. I'm probably going to stick with the Nat.

Last Saturday was the end of week 3 of C25K, and it was awesome. I wore my Vibrams again and, mysteriously, the ankle/calf pain that's been pretty unbearable for the past few days went away as I started moving, and it hasn't come back since. I'm definitely a believer in my feet knowing what's best - they do not need to be "corrected" with fancy running shoes. I didn't turn around halfway through my run, so at the end I was a good 2 miles away. I'm lazy and value my time and didn't feel like walking all the way back; so I did a run from week 1 over again and got a cumulative 54 minutes of exercise and 17 minutes of running! I was proud. It was fun doing week 1 over again, because I remember struggling so much with it just a few weeks ago. Not anymore!

Workouts this week: 1
Miles walked/ran this month: 6.5
How awesome I feel today, on a scale of 1 - 10: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment