Monday, July 30, 2012

it's happening

Whenever I undertake weight loss endeavours, it inevitably takes me quite a long time before it actually registers that I'm really losing weight. I write the first 5 - 10 pounds off as water weight, and next few as "just getting lucky". It usually takes at least 15 pounds before I actually consent to the fact that, yes, I am getting smaller; and, yes, it's because of sweat, tears, and nixing the french fries.

I'm almost 25 pounds down, as of Saturday. I looked in the mirror yesterday and it was actually comical how my XXL shirt was hanging off my shoulders and swallowing me up.

Looking in the mirror is starting to suck less, lately.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, wow & wow! This is so wonderful, and you should be so proud of yourself. Congrats & keep it going.

    ReplyDelete